DFabulousWigs along with Salon D offers services that address challenges dealing with hair loss. We understand that hair loss can be traumatic. Whether it’s Medical hair loss from cancer, alopecia, trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder) are any other causes of hair loss we understand and have solutions. If you care for a private consultation, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
A 100% HUMAN HAIR SOLUTION FOR WOMEN WITH THINNING HAIR
There are 20 million women in America with excessive hair loss. Ten million of them are under the age of 40. While it’s common to see and hear about men’s hair loss, women’s hair loss is seldom mentioned. It’s almost as if society doesn’t want to admit there’s such a condition.
No longer do you have to settle with thinning hair, see-thru hair or the complete loss of hair. Let the experts at Salon D help solve your hair loss challenge with our full, partial and integration systems that are believably beautiful.
- 100% human hair
- Moves, bounces, turns like growing hair
- Colors, curls, cuts, styles & blows out like growing hair
- Individualized solutions to various degrees of hair loss
- Various methods of attachment
- Can be used to augment your existing hair
- Can be integrated with hair extensions
- As much or as little cosmetic density as you desire
- Private rooms for your comfort
Come in for a Free Consultation so we can help solve your Hair Loss challenges.
POTENTIAL CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS OR HAIR SHEDDING IN WOMEN
Androgenetic Alopecia (Also known as Female Pattern Hair Loss)
- Most common cause of hair loss
- Occurring in 1 out of 5 women
- Hair will fall out gradually
- Thinning across entire scalp
- Stress can trigger hair loss whether people are predestined to lose hair or not
- When stress causes hair loss in women who do not have hereditary hair loss, stress can actually speed up the process.
- The stress experienced must be quite severe before it leads to hair loss such as the loss of a love one, strenuous sports training or severe illness.
- A woman’s hormones can alter doing or after pregnancy, menopause and discontinuation of birth control pills.
- In some people, this can lead to temporary and sometimes permanent hair loss.
- Results in the loss of hair on the scalp or elsewhere.
- Starts with one or more small, round patches
- Hair can grow back anytime.
- Alopecia Totalis is referred to hair loss on entire scalp
- Alopecia Universalis is referred to hair loss on the entire body
- Occurs when scar tissue replaces destroyed normal tissue on the scalp and can be caused by any number of things such as burns, infectious diseases, such as Scleroderma, Lupus Erythematosus, etc.
- Because normal tissue is not replaced and the hair cannot grow through scarred tissue, Scarring Alopecia is permanent.
- Caused by continuous and excessive tension or pulling on the hair by ponytails, buns, braiding, cornrows and comb clips, etc.
- Hair loss may become permanent.
- Self-induced hair loss which results from continuous pulling
- Most common among young women and children
- Also known as Ringworm
- It appears on the scalp, is highly contagious and can spread throughout an entire family.
- The main symptoms are scaling and redness in a round or uneven area of stubbled hair loss. This is where the Tinea is digesting the Keratin of the hair. These patches of hair loss slowly expands as the Tinea spreads.
- Hair loss starts approximately 2-3 weeks after first treatment
- Hair loss is reversible after treatment
- If you get inadequate protein or iron in your diet or poorly nourished in other ways, you can experience hair loss. Fad diets, crash diets and certain illnesses, such as bowel disease or eating disorders, can cause poor nutrition.
- Certain drugs used to treat ailments can cause hair loss. Prescription medications such as treatment for grout, blood thinners, antidepressants and blood pressure medications may be responsible for shedding of hair for some people
- Chemicals used for tinting, bleaching, straightening or perming can cause hair to become damaged and break off if they are overused or used incorrectly. The hair follicles can become permanent damaged.
As you can see, there are a multitude of reasons as to why women may experience hair loss. We are aware that when a woman has hair loss challenges, her crown and glory is not a true representation of her sense of self, and hair loss can affect her self esteem. Wait no longer…..the solution is waiting for you at Salon D.
Does hair replacement look natural? Will it look like my natural hair?
Non-surgical hair replacement has come a long way. The quality of hair and construction of each hair system is made for absolute comfort and wear ability. A woman has to feel good and confident about her hair and not worry whether or not someone knows she has hair replacement. All hair is 100% human. Depending where hair is added or replaced, it is attached so that it is undetectable and believable. Hair can be cut and styled to modern trends to best frame your face. Hair is easily blow-dried, flat ironed or curled to maintain style. All hair systems are custom designed for your individual needs. A free consultation will address your concerns and show you options to better understand how beautiful hair replacement can be.
How is it attached?
Each individual has different needs. There is a multitude of attachment methods that can be utilized singularly or in combination. Non-surgical hair replacement can be daily wear or long term.
I have cancer and I'm losing my hair, are there any solutions for my hair loss?
Unfortunately, hair loss is a common challenge in the treatment of Cancer. The good news is that one does not have to settle with the loss of one’s hair when there are beautiful hair replacement solutions to satisfy one’s needs. After a free consultation and the decisions have been made as to the particulars, a person is properly fitted and the customization will be underway.